Thursday 5 April 2012

Wiki-Veer seeking to become MICA-Veer!! \m/


It started at the Hyderabad airport, I was searching for guys/chicks looking like MICAspirants. I remember some of the Hyderabadi's discussing 4th April. In my search for them, I got hungry and started searching for food instead, found KFC and incidentally (Yeah Right!) found @Ravi Teja with some guesswork ( Chicken Popcorn, Headphones and Alone). So we got started discussing things about MICA and soon we were at Ahmedabad, parted ways. I was lucky to have the hospitality of a friend and one of my relatives, night. Dreams of Success and Nightmares of failure made it difficult to sleep, but eventually I won over them. 

8:30 a.m MICA Ahmedabad. Realized I forgot my CAT scorecard, but wasn't much of an issue, thanks to Luv Thakur Sir. I was hungry, was thinking of ideas to sneak out for a bite when we were cut into groups for the GE.

GE: We were a Team of 6. 5 Engineer Boys and 1 BBA/BBM Girl. 2 of them Assertive, 2 Obedient and 2 Creative! We were asked to make a Bicycle Model for Middle Aged Women. We went on to conceptualize a Hybrid model with a bunch of features, it was called Heroine's Featherlite :D . I used some of my long-useless Engineering Drawing skills finally, it was satisfying... the experience.. but for being pegged back by your own team mates when asked to Summarize. 

Then we walked into the famous and boy o boy! didn't we like the place, some of them fell in love with it so much that had to have a nap before being called for the PI. Slotted 13 in Panel- 4, after a painfully boring 5 hours, meeting Sneha I walked into my the panel, smiling.

Technical Sir, Nice Mam, Really Nice Mam!

TS: So what does Mechatronics mean? I'm meeting a student from this background for the first time.

Me: Explained History, Definition and Blah Blah

TS: Explain the working of a Solenoid then.

Me: Sir, it slips my mind as it's been 3 years since I read about them and I've been doing a lot of other work (hoping for a diversion)

NM: Stop turning on that chair. Doesn't that noise irritate you?

Me: Apologies ma'am. I thought the noise was external :/

RNM: So you say you're a poet photographer and a musician here. Can you recite one of your works?

Me: I'm not a memory guy but if you want I could write one now, on anything that you ask.

RNM: What would you write on? *gives paper and pen*

Me: My experience so Far in MICA? *nods*

I walked in here, with confidence and apprehension,A sense of belonging, a few deja-vu clues,

*tell sir that I lost my footwear outside the audi*

Meanwhile, footwear lost, laughter and Tension,Didn't I'd be in here as me, but in someone else's shoes.

*Panel Laughs*

NM: Are you comfortable in these shoes?

Me: Yes mam, As long as I don't get caught. 

*More laughs, a few jokes, about how important it is to not get caught when you steal*

TS: So what do you think about Mom's making career decisions during inter and school days?

Me: They always look for the what's best for their children..blah blah... but they tend to fall prey for popular opinions...so on. *convinced*

TS: What is Global Warming?

Me: An ecological phenomenon, greenhouse gases.. blah blah...

*Grilled on the same* ** Substantiated**

RNM: So which specialization?

Me: I haven't zeroed in on one as I have parts that I like in each of the specialization that MICA has to offer and I believe I would have the time to make an informed choice, but if I had to pick one now. I'd say account managing/ planning as it has a higher % of creative aspect involved; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-top: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap;">
Panel : Sure. 

*See them, Discuss, Exchange expressions*

RNM: This picture really tells a story.. doesn't it?

Me: Yes. Mam. It's called The Fallen Flower and I based it on poem that I wrote which talks about the feelings of a flower if it were the last one.

Me: If you like it, you can keep in mam. Because they are postcards and it would be my pleasure to give them out to you. I feel it's a lovely but a dying tradition and wish to keep it alive.

TS: So how would you keep the traition alive?

Me: Sir, if you could tell your students how an aspirant had made a postcard of his picture and given it to you during an interview there's a good chance the tradition goes viral again.

REALLY NICE MAM!!: Since you've shown me work that I wouldn't have seen with my own eyes. Can you sign this for me please?

Love and Hope,Raghuveer Nishtala

RESULT : Listed for Consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment